Crazy Taxi (Apr 3, 2001 10.48 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Crazy Taxi (Apr 3, 2001 10.48 prototype)|
|Download Crazy Taxi (Apr 3, 2001 10.48 prototype) (info)|
|Download Crazy Taxi (Apr 3, 2001 10.48 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Crazy Taxi for the PlayStation 2.
- This is a PAL review build from just over three weeks before the final game. It appears to be a PAL counterpart to the 0.4.3a NTSC-U build.
- Acclaim and SEGA logos play during startup instead of loading straight into the main menu, as the earliest final version does.
- Some of the menu sprites were tweaked slightly before the final release.
- For example, the kerning on "CABBIE" in the Crazy Box menu is slightly less even than in the final.
- Only L2 and R2 can be used to brake or accelerate - in the final game, you can also press L1 or R1 instead.
- The pause menu background is opaque, rather than semi-transparent as per the final.
- For some reason, if the player attempts to quit the game and then select "no" instead, a visual glitch occurs where the menu starts to overlay itself. This effect continues into gameplay.
- The "Try Again?" screen is also opaque, and the text is also strangely squashed on this screen.
- On the Crazy Box menu, the "CLEARED" symbol is lighter red in colour and is displayed underneath the mission number. In the final, the "CLEARED" symbol is on top and a darker red.
- The passenger timer seems to be a bit more jittery and moves around more than in the final game.
- A number of passenger voice lines were re-recorded.
- Once a song starts playing, it will continue to loop until the game is over, rather than randomly switching between different songs.
- The credits look quite a bit different.
- The text scrolls over a video, rather than the video also being overlaid with a dark semi-transparent background.
- The video is in full speed, rather than slo-mo.
- The video itself looks like it might be different, with a number of particularly awkward camera angles.
- A number of times during the video the level will fail to load in in time with the camera changes, causing some graphical errors.
- The song ends too early.
- The SEGA graphic appears to be squashed, for some reason.
- At the very end, the car stops for a while - quite a bit longer than it does in the final - before suddenly accelerating towards and crashing into a wall.
- The name input screen that appears after the credits has a more basic and empty background and is missing the cabbie photo.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|PS2 - Crazy Taxi 0-4-3 PAL Review Version.bin||File||2020-10-25 09:41:05||715.34 MB||bb73a78c6715d2a3baebfe7846dddd9513bc983b|
|PS2 - Crazy Taxi 0-4-3 PAL Review Version.cue||File||2020-10-25 09:41:06||107 bytes||90512f2d7643ad8e0ffc53b8acca36f40391a1ae|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!
- Project Deluge: PlayStation 2 (Initial Announcement Article) (March 20, 2021)
- Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)