Crazy Taxi (Oct 30, 1999 prototype)
|Crazy Taxi (Oct 30, 1999 prototype)|
|Download Crazy Taxi (Oct 30, 1999 prototype) (info)|
|Download Crazy Taxi (Oct 30, 1999 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Crazy Taxi for the Sega Dreamcast.
(Changes documented by Sega-Dreamcast-Info-Games-Preservation)
- The window with the Sega logo is different, it lacks the "Presented by" .
- The game loads oddly. It takes between 3 minutes and 5 minutes to start. It goes from the message "Loading Crazy Taxi (15 k)" to "Setup Data C1" , "C2" then "C3" to finally boot.
- The "ADX" window is not yet implemented. We also notice a small difference on the title screen with "@sega 1999" and not "@Sega Entreprise, Ltd, 1999-2000"
- The intro cutscene is buggy. The bugs also appear while playing (on the emulator, they are less present). There are problems with the late display of the decorations, the textures that are missing.
- It is possible to change the camera in game with Y (6 different cameras), they can also be modified during the introductory sequence
By plugging a controller into port D of the Dreamcast, you can access additional options for cameras. By pressing A on the 4th pad, the game is paused, the music continues. With the directional cross, you can turn around the vehicle. By repeatedly pressing A, it will zoom in on the vehicle. By holding B , we will zoom out.
- In top-down replay camera mode, by holding the left or right trigger, we unlock the Free Camera . With the directional cross, it is possible to move, the triggers being used to move forward or backward.
- The display of some texts is in Japanese.
- The color, in the option menu, of the level of difficulty or of the music is red and not blue.
- "Work by" and not "Work for" in the Arcade or Original Mode selection menu. Note also that it is possible to play 15 minutes and not 10 minutes for the last choice.
- No credit cutscene when you run out of time, there is a "Game Over" screen before being redirected to the main menu.
- Select mode and not Selection in the main game menu.
- The taxi spawns in a different spot in "Original" mode.
- The Crazy Box menu has differences including the "Select Cabie" and " Records" windows present from the start. By choosing a character and an event, these windows remain black. When creating his name, there are options for Dev while choosing letters.
- Some differences in "Crazy Box" mode. We should really dig into this game mode to find other:
- In the long jump (1-1) of the "Crazy Box" , it is snowing and the springboard has no roof.
- In test 1-3 of the "Crazy Box" , there are not yet the elements of scenery such as trees or buildings in the background.
- In the 2-1 test of the "Crazy Box", there are not yet the decorative elements such as the grandstand or the hot-air balloons.
- In the 2-2 test of the "Crazy Box", barriers replace the walls, the buildings on the right are non-existent.
- In test 2-3 of the "Crazy Box" , the arrow painted on the jump is not present.
- In the 3-1 "Crazy Box" event, the buildings in the background have not yet been established.
- In the 3-2 test of the "Crazy Box" , the buildings are blurry.
- In the 3-3 test of the "Crazy Box" , above the symbols for the number of people to bring in, it is written "Remain Customers" and not "Remaining Customers".
Huge thanks to Laurent for releasing this rare gem!