Alias (Jan 14, 2003 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Alias (Jan 14, 2003 prototype)|
|Download Alias (Jan 14, 2003 prototype) (info)|
|Download Alias (Jan 14, 2003 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Alias for the PlayStation 2.
- An NTSC build from over a year before the final game.
- The intro screen boots straight into gameplay, rather than waiting for the start button to be pressed like in previous builds.
- The game now has an on-screen health indicator, though it still doesn't match the final game. Despite this, the player seems to be invincible.
- The game seems to have no sound.
- The "Asylum" level is featured in this version, as opposed to the location in the previous versions.
- The game overall seems to be very incomplete.
- The menus seem to be quite unfinished and messy. For some reason, the contents of the pause menu more closely resemble a title menu.
- Collision is generally broken.
- For some reason, pausing and unpausing causes the player to gain height. Doing this enough will easily lead the player out of bounds. This may have been intentionally implemented for debugging purposes.
- A pair of vectors appear in-game when attacking, seemingly indicating where the hit was.
- The "SPECIAL" menu does nothing. "LOAD GAME" just seems to stop the pause menu from appearing anymore.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- PS2 - 14-1-03 Asylum Level Ver 0-0.jpeg
|PS2 - Alias 14-1-03 Asylum Level Ver 0-0.bin||File||2020-10-22 10:45:25||70.35 MB||bc3ed3e25114631f20b872bdcf005f8bb2990d2a|
|PS2 - Alias 14-1-03 Asylum Level Ver 0-0.cue||File||2020-10-22 10:45:26||107 bytes||6009a391ee7be2f1a18acbbd4e4a9adceaf2585c|
|PS2 - Alias 14-1-03 Asylum Level Ver 0-0.jpeg||File||2020-10-22 22:33:13||1.29 MB||ee3dfa74c38f38d934ace336ab3b64332142ec6c|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!