Alias (Sep 25, 2003 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Alias (Sep 25, 2003 prototype)|
|Download Alias (Sep 25, 2003 prototype) (info)|
|Download Alias (Sep 25, 2003 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Alias for the PlayStation 2.
- An NTSC build from just over four months before the final game.
- The game is looking a lot more complete at this stage than the previous builds.
- There is a language select despite being an NTSC build.
- Music plays from the moment the language select appears, rather than only once the title screen is reached.
- The game boots into a screen that says "72 hours earlier" and nothing else, after selecting a language and flicking through the company logos. This seems to be the beginning of a cutscene, but it almost immediately ends and moves to the title screen.
- What would normally be the "Credits" option on the main menu is instead an "Extras" menu, with the ability to play the credits or view a "Trailer", which just happens to be a promotional trailer for the game.
- The credits are very incomplete.
- Even on the main menu, if left absent for more than about five seconds, the game will cut to the promotional trailer that can also be viewed in the "Extras" menu.
- The loading screens seen in the final are not present.
- The main menu music is different.
- The standard cutscenes seen when starting a new game are not present. Instead, it boots straight into the game after starting a new game.
- Lots of audio dialogue is missing.
- There are some rendering issues with the lighting.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- PS2 - 25-9-03.jpeg
|PS2 - Alias 25-9-03.bin||File||2020-10-21 01:17:41||3.68 GB||3185a46bc06290d3e2366b9fed534465dab31a62|
|PS2 - Alias 25-9-03.cue||File||2020-10-21 01:17:41||85 bytes||3cb78b245f01a5b470c3045940cb771f2d41a6de|
|PS2 - Alias 25-9-03.jpeg||File||2020-10-22 22:33:24||915.3 KB||9aad5fcd404e0e90686b65d39b0ac629f5bb080f|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!