Alias (Oct 11, 2003 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Alias (Oct 11, 2003 prototype)|
|Download Alias (Oct 11, 2003 prototype) (info)|
|Download Alias (Oct 11, 2003 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Alias for the PlayStation 2.
- An NTSC build from about three and a half months before the final game.
- There is a language select despite being an NTSC build.
- Music plays from the moment the language select appears, rather than only once the title screen is reached.
- The game boots straight into story cutscenes after selecting a language and flicking through the company logos, before reaching the title screen. The cutscenes are clearly missing a lot of sound effects.
- What would normally be the "Credits" option on the main menu is instead an "Extras" menu, with the ability to play the credits or view a "Trailer", which just happens to be a promotional trailer for the game.
- The credits are very incomplete.
- The main menu music is different, but this time it's different from the music used in the previous build.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- PS2 - 11-10-03 NTSC.jpeg
|PS2 - Alias 11-10-03 NTSC.bin||File||2020-10-20 07:26:21||3.69 GB||bff1f372ddced286467172e1169d5dbbc339461a|
|PS2 - Alias 11-10-03 NTSC.cue||File||2020-10-20 07:26:22||91 bytes||08068a58c5c61a0339cb3dbe9472db5318c788b6|
|PS2 - Alias 11-10-03 NTSC.jpeg||File||2020-10-22 22:33:04||1.12 MB||6967a421e7c811ebe84a6ca66d513255bd6eb178|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!
- Project Deluge: PlayStation 2 (Initial Announcement Article) (March 20, 2021)
- Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)