Alias (Nov 5, 2002 12.56 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Alias (Nov 5, 2002 12.56 prototype)|
|Download Alias (Nov 5, 2002 12.56 prototype) (info)|
|Download Alias (Nov 5, 2002 12.56 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Alias for the PlayStation 2.
- An NTSC build from over a year before the final game.
- Title screen differs from final.
- Seems to be an especially early build.
- "Alias" is present on screen at all times.
- Judging by the game's file size, likely only a small portion of the game is present at this point.
- The game overall seems to be very incomplete.
- The menus seem to be quite unfinished and messy. For some reason, the contents of the pause menu more closely resemble a title menu.
- Collision is generally broken.
- Parts of the world and the lighting will sometimes awkwardly de-render.
- The sound effects are quite grating and unpleasant.
- A single song plays on a loop throughout the game.
- Animations and combat seem very incomplete.
- Pausing the game doesn't truly pause it, and the player character will continue to act on the button inputs when using the menus.
- For some reason, pausing and unpausing causes the player to gain height. Doing this enough will easily lead the player out of bounds. This may have been intentionally implemented for debugging purposes.
- No known differences from previous build.
- The "SPECIAL" menu does nothing. "LOAD GAME" just seems to stop the pause menu from appearing anymore.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- PS2 - 5-11-02 ver 2 Gameplay.jpeg
|PS2 - Alias 5-11-02 ver 2 Gameplay.bin||File||2020-10-22 09:32:28||119.1 MB||100d184b8eaa471d12036dada782d91dba03c056|
|PS2 - Alias 5-11-02 ver 2 Gameplay.cue||File||2020-10-22 09:32:28||100 bytes||8ca24230a64ed99cfc12f78cb8bb5bfcb8399078|
|PS2 - Alias 5-11-02 ver 2 Gameplay.jpeg||File||2020-10-22 22:32:59||1.05 MB||8b7b0fbe9704e7242402abb2a2507f00158c1e03|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!